Saturday 22 December 2012

Witness the Magic

Effect
A playing card is freely selected. A Joker sealed inside a ziplock sandwich bag is introduced and is examined completely. It is then placed in the palms of the spectator’s very own hands!. Almost instantly, or magically if you will, the Joker transforms into the selected card!

I have sent this video’s link to Lee Asher via an e-mail and I am extremely happy that he watched it and provided really helpful performance tips based on my performance of Witness in this clip. For my fellow magicians out there, feel free to read his invaluable advice below.

Lee Asher's Comment

Hey Huei Xiang,

Thanks for emailing me with a link to your performance of WITNESS.
Overall, you did a very nice job of performing it and handling your audience.

You received strong reaction, “No Shit man!” is good!

If I had to comment on anything, (and there’s very little to comment
on) it would be the ending where your spectator asks you about the
location of the joker. I believe by really emphasizing that the Joker
becomes the card, it drives home the effect. In my opinion, I’d rather
have something change in my hand than trans-locate from my hand.

The next time you do it, when you put the ‘Joker’ into their hand and
have the card returned to the fan – this is when you start pressing
the fact the Joker will TRANSFORM into their card. Hope that makes some sense. Thanks again for sharing.

Speak with you soon Huei Xiang.

Cheers,
Lee Asher

No comments:

Post a Comment